Monday, December 01, 2008

Let me talk

I know I need to be validated
to strain my sadness seperated
to keep it under my skin
while i smile and let you in
you say you can trust me
and speak so damn easily
may i talk to anyone?
before they spill and run?
never saying what I need to let go
yet my face would never show
how I am so far apart
from the middle of my heart
that the world runs circles round
my shoes that clutch the ground
a blur of faces and events
and my lack of confidence
tell me who i am
and what to say
i have been crying
every, single, day
can i write something profound?
i will try now, my lips endowed
for years I kept my mouth....
and now, i crave to be loud.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

julie, i hear you. your words are so poignant, so beautiful. be loud! be free! dare to speak what you've always only thought about. thank you for writing again! i've missed your words. i knew there was a reason i was checking your blog tonight. praying for you. let me know how you're doing babe. em.

4:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home