Sunday, March 04, 2007

My Mixed bag of thoughts

Notice my nakedness covers
and my prolongation of mouth sounds
and my successful sobriety from myself
and a pulse the world's never felt.

Notice my color explosion iris's
and your green thoughts and hands
whilst you slump up straight
I'd awkwardly stand

Then I experiment with I
and forget about you
I am an unique machine
Built like new
Cogs and wheels
like the ones in a clock
except time is not moving
and all the seconds have stopped

As meaningful as a footprint
left in grains of sand
as is placing a dollar
in the homeless mans hand

When we touch it's as if all of my mind quarreling has ended and my heart yawns and lies in a hammock of comfort.

When i see you, my eyes tell my soul to notice.

Faith is walking through your house with the lights off, and closing your eyes as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger kanadians in korea said...

WOW. i love the part about the hammock, and also the bit about faith... so many metaphors, yet it all works very well together. it's been awhile, but i always eagerly await your next poem! you're so talented dear julie. i miss you! please write me when you can and let me know how i can pray for you. may Jesus lift your heart and fill your mind. em.

11:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

12:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home